Thursday, May 28, 2009

On Remodeling I

We love our home; it was built in the 1910's, with hardwood floors and old electrical. We are not really remodeling the house, we are returning it to it's former Edwardian era glory. So naturally I spend a lot of time researching and finding reproduction hardware sites. Downstairs rooms have 10 foot ceilings which have been lowered, and we are going to rip out, if everything goes well I am going to put up a tin ceiling in the living room. Everything is lathe and plaster, which is in great shape and we are keeping intact. Because of the lathe and plaster walls, we also have picture rails. Of course plaster walls provide some challenges for having the rewiring done, but it is worth it. Every room downstairs (except the bathroom) is paneled....Yes, even the kitchen is paneled! So that is the first thing that comes out! I have been taking before, during (in some cases), and after pictures, so as I talk in future posts about the changes I will include some of the pics.....I have included a few pictures of some of the miscellaneous things in the house that we love.......More to come soon...

Here's a picture to ponder........Can you guess what it is?
Here's a picture of some of the light fixtures in the house........

No comments:

Post a Comment