Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day!

In celebration of all 'mom's' I decided to share some (smiles and) quotes on motherhood by Erma Bombeck. She has always been one of my favorite humourists.....Ever since I read the book 'The Grass is always greener over the septic tank'.

I also want to send special wishes to my mom, my mom-in-law, and my aunt; three women who are an important part of my life. I Love you all! Have a Very Happy Mother's Day!

Erma Bombeck on Motherhood:

“One thing they never tell you about child raising is that for the rest of your life, at the drop of a hat, you are expected to know your child's name and how old he or she is.”

"No self-respecting mother would run out of intimidations on the eve of a major holiday."

"Everyone is guilty at one time or another of throwing out questions that beg to be ignored, but mothers seem to have a market on the supply. "Do you want a spanking or do you want to go to bed?" Don't you want to save some of the pizza for your brother?" Wasn't there any change?"

"Mothers have to remember what food each child likes or dislikes, which one is allergic to penicillin and hamster fur, who gets carsick and who isn't kidding when he stands outside the bathroom door and tells you what's going to happen if he doesn't get in right away. It's tough.
If they all have the same hair color they tend to run together."

"When your mother asks, "Do you want a piece of advice?" it's a mere formality. It doesn't matter if you answer yes or no. You're going to get it anyway. "

No comments:

Post a Comment